Yosemite - Jim Nevill Photography
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Half Dome's Winter Reflection

Half Dome in Yosemite National Park is always amazing to witness- although it is not technically 'half' of a dome. It is more like 80% of a dome and the other 20% has eroded away leaving this monolithic vertical rock face. But with spectacular beauty like this who's counting? This vantage point is popular for photographers - such a classic but every day is different and to my surprise on this day, I was the only one here. I composed this photo to include more of the foreground and riverbank to show the full scene - not just it's more commonly shared elements.